VKN

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mustang V-8

My colleague let me drive his new Mustang which has a soup-ed up V-8 with enough power to fling you through the window if you are not tethered to the seat upon take off. I really enjoyed the drive, specially using the clutch and stirring the gear box by hand. I believe that real driving must involve 'clutching' and 'gearing'. Auto transmission is for wimmen. Putting an auto transmission on a baby like Mustang would be like chopping the nuts off a very horny camel. The animal may look the same, but his Arab master is going to be one unhappy customer.

Talking about automatic transmission, most of us learned to drive on an Ambassador, with stick shift. It is a skill that once you learn you will never forget. But many people around here have never driven a vehicle with manual transmission. You give them a REAL car with gear shift and a clutch and they are screwed.

That brings me to the question, Do you prefer stick-shift or automatic ?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to take drive one :-) Manual Shift is the Best.

Norwegian

7:09 AM  
Blogger Cibu C J (സിബു) said...

എനിക്കു് രണ്ടും ഉണ്ട്‌ (ഉണ്ടായിരുന്നു). എന്റെ പ്രഫറന്‍സ് ഓട്ടോയോടാണ്. (ഞാന്‍ ആവശ്യത്തിനു വണ്ടിയോടിക്കുന്ന ടൈപ്പാണേ)

പ്രോഗ്രാമേഴ്സിന് മനസ്സിലാവുന്ന ഭാഷയിലെഴുതിയാല്‍ - സ്റ്റിക്ക്ഷിഫ്റ്റ്പ്രേമികള്‍ ഞങ്ങള്‍ അസംബ്ലിയിലേ കോഡെഴുതൂ C++ പിള്ളേരുകളിയാണ് എന്ന്‌ പറയുന്നവരാണ്.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Very informative content and I enjoyed reading your blog keep it up.
Cheap Flights to Nairobi
Flights to Nairobi
Nairobi Flights

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home