VKN

Monday, December 04, 2006

Last Week

Last week was a good week, bad week.

The week started off bad …
1. I got screwed by the virus from hell. Cold. I still haven’t recovered fully.

2. I almost killed my new hibiscus plants too. They were flowering prolifically the week I brought them home. After a week in my custody, they suddenly stopped producing. I gave them a week, and then took matters into my own hands. I tilled the two pots, doused them with a spoonful of chemical fertilizer, and soaked the stubborn plants with water. The next morning I woke up and saw the small plant dead, and the big other one frail, dried up and ready to give up.

Then slowly turned hopeful…

1. After three days of intense soil change, watering and resuscitation and the big plant survived. Today morning I saw a small sprout in the baby plant. I think he will survive too.

And ended on a good note ….

1. I saw the movie ‘Class mates’, a malayalam movie worth watching in a long- long while.

2. Read ‘The old man and the sea’. I think it is a piece of Hemmingway’s finest work. I am left wondering what it must be like to catch a big marlin.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not so much of a gardening freak... but I am told it is intensely satiating, really seeing the fruits of the labour....

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Portrait oil paintings said...

Thank you for your sharing and your hard work.I like your blog very much.Bookmark your blog and sharing with my friends.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home