VKN

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Cold

It is only November and it already is freaking COLD. I fear turning on electric heat because it almost burned down the whole house once. Besides Sriram has a skin condition that reacts badly to heat.

It is noon and the room is like an icebox. The warmest spot in this house must be the refrigerator. This morning ramuji rao's mother tried to give him a bath. He kept kicking and pushing and crying the entire time. It was no fun for the kid. As soon as she let him go, he came running out of the bathroom, all wet and naked, with goose bumps all over his body. His nimble body hair stood up right like tiny little needles. "Daddy, It’s COLD," he cried. I grabbed him in a big hug. He snuggled up tight against me and I felt him shiver in my arms. He stood there and cozied up for a while and said “daddy, your tummy is warm”.

In response goose bumps sprouted all over MY body! I have never felt better in a long time as I did right then.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very touching Byju san .. felt so good reading it :), Pappoos ne kaanan thonni :)..

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home