VKN

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Questions

Last evening Sriram and I went to a store and he took me to the kids section where he showed me a police car that he wanted to buy for his birthday. 
"Can we buy it now?" he asked.
"No", I said. "Your birthday is in June"
"But what if it is all gone by then?"
"Dont worry. They will restock it"
"What is restock" he enquired
I began explaining to him at length about about retail business, how they place order from manufacturers ,how goods are delivered - when he stopped me abruptly and said - "You mean they will put more of it"?

Yes ! I thought to myself. That is what restocking is!

After we got back home, he asked me, "Daddy, where does light come from?". I told him it comes from things like fire, sun etc. 
"How do fire have light?" he asked.
I tried explaining him about the concept of energy, but he did not buy my bullshit. 
"You want something to drink?" I asked. 
"Yes. I'm thirsty!"
I gave him a glass of milk, which he drank and slipped under his blanket on the sofa. Within no time he was deep alseep.

Feels like he was born yesterday. But the kid has grown up. 


6 Comments:

Anonymous Jaison said...

We missed your posts. :). Please keep writing

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sir/Madam

Happy onam to you. we are a group of students from cochin who are currently building

a web portal on kerala. in which we wish to include a kerala blog roll with links to

blogs maintained by malayali's or blogs on kerala.

you could find our site here: http://enchantingkerala.org

the site is currently being constructed and will be finished by 1st of sep 2009.

we wish to include your blog located here

http://vkn.blogspot.com/

we'll also have a feed fetcher which updates the recently updated blogs from among

the listed blogs thus generating traffic to your recently posted entries.

If you are interested in listing your site in our blog roll; kindly include a link

to our site in your blog in the prescribed format and send us a reply to

enchantingkerala.org@gmail.com and we'll add your blog immediatly.

pls use the following format to link to us

Kerala

hoping to hear from you soon.

warm regards

Abhilash.k

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,

Cheap Flights to Phnom Penh
Flights to Phnom Penh

12:40 AM  
Blogger Veer said...

I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,
Cheap Flights to Abuja
< Flights to Abuja
< Abuja Flights

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Cheap Flights to Sydney said...

Another very interesting and impressive experience you have shared here. Thanks and Keep going !

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home