VKN

Monday, July 24, 2006

Sankaran Namboothiri, Sabarimala

Sankaran Namboothiri
A friend gifted me 3 CDs of Sankaran Namboothiri. I spend the better part of yesterday listening to the CDs. It was pure bliss. Especially the Swathi Thirunal Krithis. The guy is a genius.
It was a blistering 110 degrees outside, thanks to the heat wave that hit most of the west coast. But I enjoyed the coolness and serenity of a moon lit February night, sitting by the temple, listening to a nice kacheri. It felt GOOD. The only thing missing was freshly roasted ‘naadan’ peanuts wrapped in a news paper cones.

Sabarimala
I have been wondering all along, how a 30 year old fully figured actress could enter the sanctum sanctorum of Sabarimala temple and touch the idol. Now I get it. What a shame! What an embarrassing situation for the priest of Sabarimala temple to find himself in! I hope the folks who took the picture know about the photo sharing services on the Internet.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anoop G said...

Only Ayyappan is brahmachari.. thanthris are not..!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi VKN, you probably know that Sankaran Namboothiri ruled both school level as well as college level Youth Festivals in Kerala. Apparently, he had some personal problems that caused his career to derail. I live in the west coast as well (sfbay) and I am not sure where to buy the CD collection you are talking about. Is there a way I can borrow the CD from you to listen? Perhaps, I am asking for too much. Sorry:-(

9:40 PM  
Blogger Payyans said...

Sure, my friend. I have 3 of those.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to talk about S N is an amazing singer blessed with unique voice, I know him for past 10 years , For classical he is more than Yessudas. Thanks He Came out of the shell he was a hidden tressure for the public.He have uniqe way of classical music.There is no doubt that this artist will be well known all over the world.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for me sankaran namboothiri's keerthana's and sthothram's are giving much more relaxation and helping me to gain more concentration for doing my job.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Sakthi said...

Tantris also when doing pooja and for an year they should be Brahmacharis! anoop if you dont know.. and dont simply throw words. if you have real guts throw at muslim moulavis and their terrorist book quran. I know you dont have dham in you so keep quite and ont think if you throw words against Hinduism you are throwing stone at your own Parents.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home