VKN

Friday, February 02, 2007

Today

  • When I stepped out today morning I saw a woman walking a dog that was uglier than me. The woman was okay. She wasn't bad looking. But that was one mean ugly dog.

  • I ate the best lemon pickle I've ever tasted. It burned my stomach for more than an hour. But Damn! That was good. I will have another spoonful for dinner and will cool it down with a glass of fresh curd.

  • A friend has been encouraging me to go for an 'Art of Living' class. I checked with my colleague if he would be interested to go with me to an ‘AOL’ session today. What he told me in response ws the best philosophical sermon I have heard in a long time

    He said:
    "Ravi Shankar, Hari Shankar, Baba Shankar.. or any Shankar...
    If you have all your marbles with you, then you DO NOT need any one to tell you how to live! Yes, a good lecture about life can be enlightening, but not for such tickets and definitely not when followers act like ticket scalpers pimping tickets!

    Life is pretty simple - You are born, you have some happy moments, you have sad moments, you grow old, you die! End of story."

    I guess I will have to go alone.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have 1 enlightened friend.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ravi Sankar is a great person. Please dont say non sense about Guru ji.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Sriram said...

hey, your friend has some thinking that he can share with the rest of the members of the art of living group - why dont you encourage him to do so and come along for the course. there is one starting in jayanagar, bangalore from 20th feb, evenings 645-945. you can call 9886751356 to register!
rgds
friend

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another AOL pimp!!! You guys are worst than Amway.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your friend. AOL 'pimps' are pimping in every way possible. Emails, Apartment fliers, Indian stores, offices. I even saw them pimping at the Franklin WalMart! They are everywhere in New Jersey !!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Payyans said...

Boys and Girls,
If you need to fight get off my backyard. You can stay so long as you promise to be good.

Having said that, I decided to post my friend's comments since I thought it was funny. I am not an opponent or proponent of Art of Living.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why the self proclaimed pacifists are getting agitated. Do what guru ji taught you to do. In haaaaail, ex haaaaail.... cleanse your mind......

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a regular reader of your blog and love the way u write.My Husband is also a 'Kazhak'(a Kazhakkoottam Sainik School passout).I was wondering whether you would be knowing each other...

regards,
J

10:25 PM  
Blogger Anoop G said...

AOL class is good!

I attended in 2000 in technopark, and i wish i had continued the sudarshana kriya..!

now in thoughts of attending it for second time.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Mad Max said...

byju chettaii...kore naail aai ivide vannittu...hehe i really liked this one especially the last part...makes perfect sense..

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,
Cheap Flights to Penang
Flights to Penang

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home