VKN

Friday, August 18, 2006

Try this

I went to bed at 2AM last night, thanks to the boat load of assignments due on 28th. Around 3:00 I woke up because the little guy was twitching and rolling in his sleep next to me. He was running a feeble temperature from his vaccination shot yesterday. I watched him in the moonlight that seeped in through the partially open shades . God! for all the hell he gives me, the kid looked so innocent. I resisted my temptation to reach out and wake him up. He twitched and moaned and breathed heavily. I wondered who he was fighting in his sleep!

Suddenly he murmured something indistinctly, and sat upright with his little dreamy eyes wide open.
I rubbed his hairs and asked “Bad dream?”
He looked at me and said "No" and paused and continued “Daddy I want to do something”
“It is 3 O’clock at night. Sleepy time. Go back to sleep”
“No, I want to do something” he said.
I noticed his lips dry, and asked if he wanted some water.
“Yes” he nodded
I gave him a sip of water. “Thank you daddy” he said, and promptly went back to sleep. But I didn’t. I sat by his side and watched him sleep in the moonlight that was still seeping in through the window.

Go watch your little monster child sleep. It is the most wonderful experience you will ever have. The more you watch the more wonderful it gets, to a point that it becomes almost heavenly. Look at a sleeping child, and you will know what I am saying. Try it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Arjun said...

Byju-san,

Returning to your blog after a while. It's really heartening to see that you still keep the same sense of honesty and passion in your writing.

Keep it up !

7:40 AM  
Blogger Anoop G said...

yes, i agree completely.

>> ur blogs are very touching.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. You are 100% right.
I am a regular visitor. Love your blog.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard a saying that you should never look at a sleeping child. Wonder why they say that...

2:01 PM  
Blogger Pradip Somasundaran said...

Youn are sbsolutely right Byju.Do experience this everytime.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home