Wednesday, June 14, 2006


2 PM.
I am exhausted. Terribly exhausted. It’s been a while since I exercised and suddenly today afternoon I ran to train for the Big Sur half marathon. I ran okay till the 12 mile marker. Then my muscles began rebelling. My legs began to quiver. There was a weird sensation that started in my knee, climbed up through my thighs and instigated a stiff uncomfortable cramp in my stomach. My chest began to move into my stomach and started jingling rhythmically. I had to slow down. Then I walked. Walked a little more before I crawled, and finally passing out. I think someone carried me across the finish line.

When I woke up an hour ago I am at home in bed, with a leg hoisted up from my hip on the head board. There is a nauseating odor of Iodex and Bengay. I am very thirsty, but too tired to get up and walk to the kitchen.

5 PM.
I still feel very thirsty sore and wasted. I was planning to write about a sugarcane incident today. But right now I am worse off than sugarcane refuse, extracted of all its juices. Have you seen one of those mean juice-wallas, the ones who would put sugarcane through a juice extractor over and over each time tightening the gears till the last atom of the last drop is squeezed out? He would torture the poor thing so badly that one would feel guilty to drink its juice. Right now I fell like a sugarcane that had been through the hands of once such juice masters.

10 PM.
This is getting worse. My son is sitting on my leg trying to unscrew it, but I don’t feel a thing. What is bothering me is the idiot who is testing his car alarm outside. It went off at least 10 times in the last 10 minutes. I hope I get better by tomorrow, so I can fire one of those hell fire missiles at that idiot and his alarm.


Anonymous Soni said...

Remember the cross country through the verdant countryside near school?!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Payyans said...

Yes vividly, especially in junior house. I almost always finished in the last 10 along with Byju V Anand and our good friend Manoj Sathyan. Once KKV thought we were both doing it on purpose and he subjected us to one of his 'balaal' routines. Poor Byju V Anand said something back to him, which infuriated him further. Oh man! KKV gored him like a Spanish fighter bull. In senior house I faked Astma and barely ran.

BTW I feel good today.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get well soon

10:26 AM  
Blogger Bhagya said...

Good to know that you are better now..

2:53 PM  
Blogger Injikadan Mathai said...

hehehe...cheezzz dont remind me to go and work out..have not done it for ages and yeah it shows...well neways hope u get better soon and get a chance to fire a missile at ur neighbour (or rather the person who was testing the car alarm)...

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home