VKN

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Edu De Toilette

I had the misfortune today of visiting my friend at his exchange lodge. As soon as he opened the door I was overwhelmed by the putrid smell of decaying socks– A smell that any one who has stood outside the entrance to our computer lab in engineering college back home would be familiar with. It is a stench so impossible that it will make your eyes watery. It is a fragrance so powerful that anyone in its vicinity seven days after the socks has been removed could be knocked unconscious. It reeks of rotten rat diarrhea that was passed through the digestive tract of a water buffalo with irritable bowel syndrome.

Back home in college, shoes were not allowed inside our labs, so students were forced to leave their sweaty, stinky shoes outside at the entrance. These wonderful bouquets open up, permeating the air with one of the most disgusting fumes ever to assault your olfactory organs.

The only reason why I think our computer labs never had an incident of computer virus or worms was because I honestly don’t think those buggers can survive in that environment.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pradeep Nair said...

I am reminded of a person who used to pump perfume into the socks. The combined smell was more horrible than without the perfume!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Santhosh said...

Off-topic: Our common friend Rajesh recommended me to this blog. I like what I read:)

Ever considered blogging in Malayalam?

8:57 PM  
Blogger Preetha Nair said...

Hopped in to your blog through Dhanya's blog....

I loved this post.......
looks liek ill have to read all your posts :)

I could totally relate to that entrance of the computer lab....:)

Keep writing more

- Preetha

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are u man?
-Norwegian

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back home in college, shoes were not allowed inside our labs, so students were forced to leave their sweaty, stinky shoes outside at the entrance.

==> This if funny. What college did you go to?

-vkn-rock ;)

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Perhaps your friend should sell his socks and drive McAfee and Norton anti-virus out of business;)

Would it be possible for you to use our 'automated radio' widget in your blog. I tried looking up your email on blogspot but its nowhere to be found. I hope you don't delete this comment as spam. (feedback@blogbard.com)

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Man, “decaying socks” and sweaty, stinky shoes and putting them off at the entrance.. Yukkkhaaaaa!!

I can imagine what a scene it used to be there at your computer labs, really weird yet funny. Anyway I enjoyed your post. I guess if one keeps his/her Shoes and especially socks clean, these never stink.
Babur Schah

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Very informative content and I enjoyed reading your blog keep it up.
Cheap Flights to Entebbe
Flights to Entebbe
Entebbe Flights

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Cheap Flights to Sydney said...

I always visit your blogs posts. You always awesome like this one.

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home