VKN

Friday, June 15, 2007

Waxing nostalgia

Here is my achamma (grandmother), waxing nostalgic today:

"Those days nobody had jobs. I walked 20 miles everyday to do menial jobs. I weaved baskets, knitted nets, carried fire wood, and came home with rice and tapioca. On good days I could buy fish. It was tough, but we lived through it, we didn't have a radio or news paper or telivision. We grew almost everything we had to have. I had a herd of good laying hens. I collected eggs and traded them for cloths and salt and oil and other stuff that I couldn't grow myself. We didn't have much, but we never went hungry."

I love that woman. They dont make wimmen like that no more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anoop G said...

sweet one.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Veer said...

I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.
Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,
Cheap Flights to Nairobi
< Flights to Nairobi
< Nairobi Flights

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Cheap Flights to Sydney said...

Here you are very inspiring. Never give up even whatever circumstances you face. Great Job and god bless !

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home