VKN

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Arnold Schwarzenegger is associated with red carpets and movie premiers, than with white color business conventions. I was assisting my journalist friend Krishna Kumar to cover the TiE conference, where I got a chance to listen to the Governor. I want to share with you a sound bite that is memorable and reveals the many facets of his personality. Here is what he said:


Austrians are generally not body builders. So when I wanted to be a body builder people laughed at me. But I did it. With my kind of body, a funny last name and a German accent everybody told me I can never be a movie star. But I did it. I was the highest paid actor in Hollywood. Being a foreigner and an action hero, no body thought I could be a Governor, but I did it

The lady who introduced the panel was a joke. Being a professional organization, TiE should have selected someone with enthusiasm, and more importantly someone who could pronounce the governor’s name correctly. The heavily made up, sari clad, ghostly aunty with feeble features was a turgid garbage.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't write anyone off! Tomorrow they could be your boss............

10:24 AM  
Blogger Payyans said...

Soni, what he said was very inspiring. It shows his determination. I do weights (the smallest irons in the gym ) once in a while and give up after 2 rounds max. It takes real inspiration and determination to be a body builder. See what he has achieved ! World champion, Highest paid movie star and the first citizen of California ! Incredible.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the sound bite was written by his wife Maria Shriver.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home